Thunder in the Attic

The torch passes ...

Monday, January 16, 2006

Echoing Keesa

Your latest post was excellent, Keesa. You really do have a gift for getting your words across. You are able to express exactly what I think, and what I know the others think too. And I am so glad that you stated how important our relationship with Christ is; in order to be good Christian writers, our spiritual lives CANNOT be neglected. Obvious it may seem, but easy it is to do.
Some people, if they find out that I pray alot, think that I am all 'pious' and 'holy'. Those things I defintely am not (though we should strive for perfection always) but I pray so much because I need Christ so desperately! There would be no way I could get on without Him. Even little things throughout the day, I like to talk to Christ as if I could actually see Him sitting next to me; telling Him things that others may not think important, in fact they might seem downright silly, but I want to make sure that He knows that I do not want to ever forget He is there.
We need to pray always. We need to ask for help in our writings, so that God will guide our quills to the best our minds can put them to.

And before I go I want to share with you all a quote by St. Pier Giorgio:

"To live without faith, without a heritage to defend, without battling constantly for truth, is not to live, but to 'get along'. We must never just 'get along'."

4 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

I know, Gen!! I think there were only two or three days last semester I didn't walk across campus to the Newman Center, just to spend time in prayer talking to Jesus. The few people I mentioned that to seemed amazed. But believe me, it's not because I'm 'pious' or 'holy' - it's because I'm NOT. I hate to think of where I'd be if I DIDN'T do that ... *shudder* And even that comes from God's grace.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Tolkienite said...

Yup. That's how it is though, you know? I had two 'friends' in FL who would would 'act like' me by folding their hands and gazing heavenward. People think that because I pray etc. I am this sweet goody-goody.

And Rose. Go see my blog, Elemmire.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Tolkienite said...

Ummm...guys, someone put up the wrong blog on the sidebar. That's embarrassing! No one is allowed to see that one. PLease change it to my other blog, The Elemmire. And 'sides. I can't even acess that log to edit it, remember?

3:30 PM  
Blogger Keesa said...

:blushes: Thanks, Gen. And you're right; praying isn't some pious, religious thing that we do to be holier-than-thou; it's simply our best way of reaching out to the Source of our strength! My day is never so peaceful and pleasant, regardless of what trials and vexations may come my way, as when I take a little time (or a lot of time! :-) to just talk with God.

Like your example of Tolkien, it isn't how many moral elements we can squeeze into our stories that will make them Christian; it's our own ever-deepening faiths, bubbling up from the wellsprings of our souls and overflowing into our writing that will do it.

Hold that thought. It's getting too long to be a comment. ;-)

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home